Sunday, June 21, 2009

Quick Tip: Custom tattoos

I love being able to help people out. This week I received two calls for assistance in regard to the same issue. Made me think this would be a great piece of information to have on my blog!

In the Spring of 2008, I costumed a WONDERFUL production of Almost, Maine at Hudson Stage. The play is performed by four different actors, playing 19 characters. One of the characters has a tattoo, but because the actor was playing so many other parts, an makeup application was not possible. I found a wonderful tattoo paper at BelDecal online. The tattoo goes on in a minute and peels right off when you are done. The key is to cut around the tattoo as closely as possible before applying it to the skin. Did not have any issues with it coming off and looked very real!
The only issue I had was that the instructions that came along with the paper were a bit confusing, but hopefully they corrected that problem. Excellent product!

No comments:

Post a Comment